Our Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is a great take on classic ceviche. This cool and elegant appetizer perfectly blends freshness with sweet, savory flavors and a dash of spice.
Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche
Serves: 6 servings
- ¼ cup chopped, stemmed California strawberries
- ¼ cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped, seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ lb cooked peeled shrimp
- 1½ cups peeled seeded diced cucumber
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1½ Tbsp chopped, seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1½ cups (about ¼ lb) quartered, stemmed California strawberries
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
To make Ceviche Dressing:
- In blender or food processor, purée all ingredients until smooth.
To make Ceviche:
- In large bowl, toss shrimp, cucumber, onion, and peppers with Ceviche dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes but no more than 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add strawberries and cilantro; mix gently but thoroughly.
Diabetes Exchanges: Fruit 0.25, Vegetable 0.5, Very Lean Meat 2, Fat 1
Serving size: 213 g Calories: 135 kcal Fat: 5 g Saturated fat: 1 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 10 g Sugar: 6 g Sodium: 263 mg Fiber: 2 g Protein: 15 g Cholesterol: 107 mg
Find more California Strawberry Recipes here!