Our Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche is a great take on classic ceviche. This cool and elegant appetizer perfectly blends freshness with sweet, savory flavors and a dash of spice. Find more California Strawberry Recipes here!
Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche
- ¼ cup chopped stemmed California strawberries
- ¼ cup chopped plum tomato
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 tsp fresh lime juice
- 4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ lb cooked peeled shrimp
- 1½ cups peeled seeded diced cucumber
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- 1½ Tbsp chopped seeded jalapeño peppers
- 1½ cups about ¼ lb quartered, stemmed California strawberries
- 3 Tbsp chopped cilantro
To make Ceviche Dressing:
- In blender or food processor, purée all ingredients until smooth.
To make Ceviche:
- In large bowl, toss shrimp, cucumber, onion, and peppers with Ceviche dressing.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes but no more than 4 hours.
- Just before serving, add strawberries and cilantro; mix gently but thoroughly.