These Mini Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins are a healthy, sweet treat made with banana, peanut butter, quinoa and almond flours, and topped with a homemade strawberry chia jam. They’re the perfect bite-sized breakfast or snack! Recipe by Alyssa from Simply Quinoa.
Mini PB&J Muffins
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Mini muffin tin, blender
- 8-10 large strawberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 - 3 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mashed banana about 2 large bananas
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter + 3 Tbsp for filling
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup oat flour preferably store-bought
- 2/3 cup quinoa flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash strawberries, remove the tops, and add to a blender with the maple syrup. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the puree to a small saucepan. Stir in the chia seeds and bring the mixture to a low simmer.
- Simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from heat. Let mixture cool completely.
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, banana, peanut butter, milk, and syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients directly into the bowl with the wet and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Fill each cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Add 1 teaspoon strawberry jam and 1/8 teaspoon creamy peanut butter to the center of the muffins; swirl around with a toothpick. Repeat with the remaining muffins.
- Bake on the center rack for 8 - 9 minutes until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 2 - 3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.