Homemade crepes with an orange and vanilla-scented ricotta filling are topped with a deliciously fresh strawberry compote. This recipe can be prepared ahead of time and assembled just before serving for an easy and impressive brunch. Recipe by Le Petit Eats.
Strawberry Ricotta Blintzes
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the crepe batter:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups whole milk room temperature
- 4 large eggs room temperature
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
For the strawberries:
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp orange zest
For the ricotta filling:
- 1 ½ cups ricotta cheese
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- In a blender, blend flour, sugar, salt, milk, eggs and butter until no lumps remain, about 30 seconds. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (can be made up to a day in advance).
- While the crepe batter chills, make the strawberry topping and the ricotta filling. In a medium bowl, stir together the strawberries, sugar and orange zest. Set aside.
- Add the ricotta, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla, orange zest and egg to a separate bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while the crepes cook.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly coat with butter. Stir the crepe batter and pour 1/4 cup into the center of the skillet, swirling to evenly coat the bottom. Cook until crepe is golden on the bottom and the edges lift easily from the skillet, about 1 to 1 ½ minutes. Gently flip the crepe and cook on the second side until just set, about 45 seconds. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to the pan as needed. Let crepes cool to room temperature before proceeding to the next step.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spoon a few tablespoons of the cheese mixture along the lower third of the crepe. Fold in the sides, then roll the crepe away from you to make a package, ending with the seam side down.
- Place the blintzes in a baking dish and brush lightly with melted butter. Transfer the pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Transfer blintzes to plates; dust with confectioners’ sugar and spoon the strawberry sauce on top.