White Chocolate Strawberry Edible Bouquet
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 32- 12” bamboo skewers
- 12- 12” inch coffee stirrers
- Floral Styrofoam
- 6” or less diameter vase or pot
- 12- 4.5x4.5 pink paper squares
- 32 large strawberries
- 2 ½ cups white chocolate (400 grams, 36% fat )
- 3 cups white candy melts (400 grams)
- 1 drop oil-based purple food coloring
- 1 drop oil-based pink food coloring
- 2 Tbsp white nonpareil sprinkles
- 1 tsp gold luster dust
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- 12 strawberry macarons
- Rinse strawberries and pat dry, then place on a paper towel and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine white chocolate and candy melts, and melt in 30 second intervals in the microwave (or using a double boiler) until completely melted and smooth.
- Split the white chocolate evenly in three separate small bowls.
- Add one drop of purple food coloring to one bowl, and one drop of pink food coloring to a separate bowl. Stir until to create pastel-colored chocolate. One bowl will remain white.
- Gently insert bamboo skewers through the stem of the strawberries.
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate mixture (10-11 of each color), allowing any excess to drip off. Sprinkle nonpareil sprinkles on the pink strawberries immediately after dipping.
- Stick dipped strawberries in a styrofoam cake dummy or floral styrofoam while they set at room temperature. Do not refrigerate to avoid sweating.
- Place the remaining melted purple chocolate in a piping bag and drizzle on half of the white chocolate strawberries, creating thin lines.
- In a small bowl, combine gold luster dust and lemon extract. Paint the purple strawberries with brushstrokes from the tip to the middle of the strawberry.
- Flick the gold luster dust mixture on the remaining white chocolate covered strawberries, creating a gold splatter effect.
- Insert a coffee stirrer sideways in each strawberry macaron.
- Line a vase or pot with floral styrofoam.
- Pierce strawberry sticks through the styrofoam, starting from the top center and working your way down in a circular pattern, moving the vase to ensure uniform placement.
- Cover any holes or openings by inserting the macarons.
- Hide the sticks and floral styrofoam at the bottom with 4.5x4.5 paper squares. Pinch the center of the paper square with your right thumb and index finger and fold in the opposite sides with your left thumb and index finger. Place a skewer in the center of the folded square and stick in the floral styrofoam with a skewer covering the sticks.