Beat the summer heat with some homemade strawberry ice cream – no ice cream maker required!
No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Freeze Time 4 hours
Total Time 4 hours 35 minutes
For ice cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries chopped
For strawberry swirl syrup:
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup strawberries finely chopped
- Wash strawberries and pat them dry. Chop them into small pieces.
- First make the strawberry swirl syrup. In a small sauce pan, heat up 1 ½ cups strawberries and 3 Tbsp granulated sugar. Stir for about 15 minutes until the strawberries have broken down and it is a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and place it in the refrigerator to cool down.
- While the sauce is cooling, blend ½ cup chopped strawberries with the sweetened condensed milk in a blender until it is a smooth consistency. Set aside while you whip the cream.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream with a hand mixer until there are soft peaks.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk mixture and vanilla extract into the cream and mix in until there are soft peaks.
- Remove the strawberry syrup from the refrigerator. Gently fold in the strawberry syrup into the cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Once the ice cream is completely frozen, serve and enjoy!