Kendra of The Paleo Paparazzi is sharing a great way to use up leftover strawberries. Create a perfect sweet and tangy topping for tacos, salads, sandwiches, cocktails, and desserts!
Yield: 2 lbs
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 lbs fresh California strawberries
- Add vinegar, water, honey and salt to a saucepan on medium heat. Stir until salt and honey have dissolved.
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and quarter them.
- Fill jar with sliced strawberries. Pour vinegar mixture over them and allow to come to room temperature. Strawberries will shrink as they cool so you can fit in a few more.
- Seal jar and refrigerate. Let the strawberries pickle for at least a day and enjoy.
Serving: 1 cup of strawberries | Calories: 59kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 322mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g