Kendra of The Paleo Paparazzi is sharing a great way to use up left over strawberries as the summers comes to a close. Create a perfect sweet and tangy topping for tacos, salads, sandwiches, cocktails and desserts!
- 2 lbs fresh California strawberries
- 1 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add vinegar, water, honey and salt to a saucepan on medium heat, stir until salt and honey have dissolved.
- Wash strawberries, remove stems and quarter them.
- Fill jar(with sliced strawberries, pour vinegar mixture over them and allow to come to room temperature. Strawberries will shrink as they cool so you can fit in a few more.
- Seal jar(and refrigerate. Let the strawberries pickle for at least a day and enjoy