You’ll love these fresh and delicious strawberry summer rolls by Teresa Barajas. They are the perfect warm weather snack that you can customize with different fillings.
Strawberry Summer Rolls
Yield: 6 rolls
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the rolls:
- 4 cups of water
- 6 rice paper wrappers
- 10 California strawberries hulled and sliced
- 3 cups of leafy greens
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup red cabbage
For the dipping sauce:
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp diced strawberries
- 1 tsp minced cilantro
- Boil water and keep warm.
- To soften rice paper, fill a bowl with boiling water. Using tongs, soak one rice paper at a time for 3 seconds, and quickly fill and roll, one rice paper at a time. (Don’t over-soak rice paper.)
- Working at the center, place approximately 6 slices of strawberries, ½ cup leafy greens, a small amount of shredded carrots, and cabbage on the rice paper.
- Fold in the sides of the roll and bring the bottom up and over the filling; tuck tightly while rolling.
- Place on plate seam-side down and continue rolling remaining sheets.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with dipping sauce.
- Whisk together all ingredients and dip rolls in sauce.
Serving: 1 roll | Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Sodium: 253mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g