Every party needs a showstopper and these one-of-a-kind doily-like tacos will earn rave reviews. Hand-shaping store-bought pizzelles is an impressive hack that will dress up any party platter.
Pizzelle Shells with Strawberry Salsa
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 20 store-bought vanilla pizzelle cookies
- 1 ½ cups diced fresh strawberries
- ⅓ cup loosely-packed cilantro chopped
- 1 large jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 small avocado diced
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta
- Fill a medium saucepan with 2 inches of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Rest a large hand strainer or sieve on top edge of saucepan ensuring it does not touch the water. Place 1-2 pizzelle in strainer to soften the cookie, about 10-15 seconds. When cookie is pliable, quickly remove from strainer and form into desired shell shape (taco, cannoli, cone or flower). Hold for 5 seconds then use crinkled foil or shot glasses to help support shapes until hardened. If cookie has lost pliability before desired shape is achieved, simply place back into strainer to soften again. Repeat to make 20 shells.
- In a medium bowl, combine strawberries, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, oil, salt and pepper. Gently stir in avocado and feta. Spoon about 2 tablespoons of mix into each pizzelle shell.
1 serving is 1/20th recipe. Assumed all salsa used up.