These Pork Chops with Strawberry Guava Sauce by Sylvia Klinger, RD are a delicious way to add fresh, bright flavor to a family favorite. There are many different cuts for pork chops. Loin chops (also known as center loin chop, center-cut loin chop, loin pork chop, pork loin end chop, porterhouse, or top-loin chop) are very lean, with very mild pork flavor. They make the perfect backdrop for the bold and spicy flavors like adobo seasonings and chipotle sauce used in the rest of the dish.
Pork Chops with Strawberry Guava Sauce
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 to 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1 to 2 tsp adobo seasonings
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- ½ cup fresh or canned guavas (or papaya)
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 to 2 tsp hot chipotle sauce
- 2 green onions chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup strawberries diced (for garnish)
- In medium skillet, heat oil and cook garlic for a few seconds or until tender. Add pork chops to the skillet and sprinkle with adobo seasonings. Cook over medium heat for 5 to 8 minutes or until juices run clear. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small sauce pan, combine sauce ingredients and simmer mixture at low heat for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- To serve, divide and drizzle sauce and diced strawberries over 4 pork chops.