Spicy Tuna Kebabs with Strawberry Salsa are an easy and delicious way to fit more fruits and veggies into your day. We’re so glad that Sylvia Klinger, RD shared her recipe with us – we can’t get enough!
Spicy Tuna Kebabs with Strawberry Salsa
Yield: 8 kebabs
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
Spicy Tuna Kebabs
- 1 lb tuna fillets cut into thick chunks
- ½ cup adobo or chipotle sauce
- 1-2 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 cups whole California strawberries stems removed
- 1 medium red onion cut into chunks
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- 2 cups California strawberries diced
- 1 cup jicama peeled and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Juice of one half lime
- 1 tsp olive oil optional
To make Spicy Tuna Kebabs:
- If using bamboo skewers, immerse in water for 20 to 30 minutes before broiling (this will keep skewers from burning).
- Rub adobo sauce over fish and marinate in baking pan or platter. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or overnight.
- Assemble kebabs on skewer by alternating tuna chunks with peppers, whole strawberries and onion; divide among 8 skewers.
- Place kebabs on a broiling pan and broil on top oven rack for 5 to 8 minutes per side, until tuna is completely cooked.
To make Strawberry Salsa:
- In medium bowl, combine diced strawberries, jicama, cilantro, lime juice and optional olive oil. Serve with kebabs.
Serving: 1g | Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 95mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g