As the weather begins to warm up or the leaves begin to fall, it’s always nice to have a short list of easy and tasty salad recipes to whip up on a casual weekday evening – or for a last-minute potluck or dinner party any time of the year.
Caprese salads are always a delicious idea, but have you ever tried making one with strawberries instead of tomatoes? The results are amazing!
Strawberry Caprese Salad
- 2 lbs fresh California strawberries stemmed and halved
- 2 cups bite-sized fresh mozzarella balls bocconcini, drained, halved
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves chiffonade (finely sliced)
- 3-4 mint leaves chiffonade
- Salt & pepper to taste
To make balsamic syrup:
- In nonreactive pot, simmer vinegar over low heat until reduced to one-half its original volume (1/4 cup).
- In serving bowl, toss strawberries and mozzarella balls with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add basil and mint; toss again. Drizzle balsamic syrup over and around salad. Grind more pepper on top.