A quick and easy Strawberry Caprese Salad recipe! As the weather begins to warm up or the leaves begin to fall, it’s always nice to have a short list of easy and tasty salad recipes to whip up on a casual weekday evening – or for a last-minute potluck or dinner party any time of the year. Caprese salads are always a delicious idea, but have you ever tried making one with strawberries instead of tomatoes? The results are amazing! Enjoy!
Strawberry Caprese Salad
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 2 lbs fresh California strawberries stemmed and halved
- 2 cups bite-sized fresh mozzarella balls bocconcini, drained, halved
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves chiffonade (finely sliced)
- 3-4 mint leaves chiffonade
- Salt pepper to taste
To make balsamic syrup:
- In nonreactive pot, simmer vinegar over low heat until reduced to one-half its original volume (1/4 cup).
- In serving bowl, toss strawberries and mozzarella balls with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Add basil and mint; toss again. Drizzle balsamic syrup over and around salad. Grind more pepper on top.