This recipe features strawberries dressed in a combo of honey and a balsamic vinegar reduction, then roasted in the oven. Roasting brings out a rich, sweet flavor to the strawberries and this pairs perfectly with melted fresh mozzarella cheese on toasted crusty bread.
Strawberry and Mozzarella Toast
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ¾ cup good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb strawberries cleaned, hulled and cut in half
- ¾ tsp honey
- 2 tsp balsamic reduction
- 8 slices of ciabatta or baguette
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese sliced
- Fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Over medium heat, add balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan. Heat until vinegar boils, then reduce heat a simmer. Stir occasionally to avoid scorching. Simmer for 10-13 minutes, until vinegar has reduced by at least half and consistency is that of syrup. Set aside.
- Place prepared strawberries in a large bowl. Add honey and 2 tablespoons of prepared balsamic reduction to strawberries and mix to combine ingredients.
- Transfer berries to a parchment lined baking sheet. Arrange in an even layer. Bake berries for 25-30 minutes. When done, set aside and allow to cool slightly.
- Line bread slices on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in oven at 275 degrees F for about 8 minutes. Remove from oven, add mozzarella to each slice and place in oven for another few minutes. Remove from oven, add strawberries and drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with basil.