Whip up these Strawberry Crepes for a a fancy, yet simple breakfast.
Simple Strawberry Crepes
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup 2% milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp lemon zest optional
- 4 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Lemon wedges
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs, water, milk, vanilla, and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, and lemon zest to the batter, and stir.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes (or overnight) to let the batter rest.
- Heat a crepe pan, or shallow nonstick pan, over medium heat. Lightly grease the pan with butter.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter on the hot pan and immediately use a crepe spreader to create a tin layer, covering the cooking surface evenly.
- The batter will cook quickly- in 30 seconds to one minute. Lift the crepe and check the browning on the underside. If nicely golden, flip the crepe with a broad silicone spatula.
- Cook the second side for 30-45 seconds. (The second side may not show the brown makings like the first side and that’s ok).
- Remove the cooked crepe to a plate and allow to cool thoroughly before stacking the next crepe. Use multiple plates if needed to alternate the cooling process.
- Rinse strawberries and gently blot dry.
- Slice strawberries and lemon wedges.
- Place sliced strawberries on the inside of the crepes, then fold into quarters.
- Top crepes with more strawberries, a squeeze of lemon, and powdered sugar.