There’s nothing like a good, spicy salsa to add a little kick to chips, tacos, or even scrambled eggs. This Spicy Strawberry Salsa from Sylvia Klinger, RD works especially well over grilled fish, and will be your new go-to!
Spicy Strawberry Salsa
Author: Sylvia Klinger, @sklingerrd
Serves: 4 cups
- 25 California strawberries, diced (about 3 cups)
- ⅓ medium red onion, finely minced
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 serrano or jalapeño chili pepper, seeded, finely minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Chill until ready to serve.
- Serve over grilled salmon or your favorite white fish, if desired.
Serving size: ½ cup Calories: 24 kcal Fat: 0 g Saturated fat: 0 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 6 g Sugar: 3 g Sodium: 2 mg Fiber: 1 g Protein: 1 g Cholesterol: 0 mg