Berries and kale – talk about a superfood salad! Our Strawberry and Blackberry Kale salad is full of antioxidants, fiber, and vitamins to keep you feeling your absolute best. Plus, berries are full of brain-boosting antioxidants that help prevent cognitive decline as we age!
Strawberry and Blackberry Kale Salad
Servings 2 servings
- 2, 5 oz grilled chicken breasts sliced
- 1 lb lacinato kale rinsed, hard stems removed, tear or chop into bite-sized pieces
- 8 oz California strawberries rinsed, hulled and halved
- 4 oz blackberries
- 2 Tbsp Gorgonzola cheese
- 3 Tbsp strawberry balsamic vinegar can also use balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
Exchanges: 1 Fruit, 3.5 Vegetable, 5 Very Lean Meat, 0.5 Medium-Fat Meat, 1.5 Fat
- Put kale into a large mixing bowl, set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and honey. Pour dressing over kale and massage well, making sure the kale absorbs dressing.
- Add chicken breast, California strawberries, blackberries, and gorgonzola. Serve immediately or chill for a few minutes.
Serving: 520g | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 536mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 17gPrint