These sweet strawberry and corn tostadas are simple to make, look beautiful plated and are bursting with flavor! A light and modern twist to a Mexican restaurant favorite, these tostada shells are baked instead of fried, then topped with a bright mix of skillet-blistered corn and green chiles along with fresh strawberries and cucumbers. Add in some crumbled cotija, squeezed lime juice and cilantro and you have yourself a delicious and healthy dish! Recipe by Christy Wilson RDN.
Strawberry and Corn Tostadas with Lime and Cotija
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 6, 6- inch corn tortillas
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 2 ears of corn shucked and kernels sliced off
- 2 Tbsp green chile diced (canned or freshly roasted)
- 1 cup strawberries cleaned, hulled and diced
- ½ medium sized cucumber half-peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp cotija cheese crumbled (can substitute with feta cheese)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro chopped
To prepare the tostadas:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Once oven reaches proper temperature, place tortillas directly on rack or on an oven-safe baking/cooling rack. Be sure they do not overlap. Bake tortillas for 5 minutes, then flip and bake for an additional 3-5 minutes. Check frequently to make sure they don’t burn. Remove tostadas from oven and set aside.
To prepare strawberry and corn mixture:
- Over medium-high heat, melt butter in a medium skillet then add corn kernels. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently so the corn is coated in the butter.
- Add in green chiles and stir to combine. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until corn is slightly charred. Placed cooked vegetables in a large bowl and be sure to scrape the cooked bits of chile and corn on the bottom of the pan. Set aside to cool while you prepare the strawberries and cucumbers.
- Once vegetables have cooled off, stir in strawberries and cucumbers, then mix in lime juice, cheese and cilantro. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Add about ½ cup of mixture to each tostada shell and serve immediately. Optional, garnish with extra cilantro.