Strawberry and Turkey Pinwheels
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 fresh California strawberries
- 1 piece of 100% whole wheat or other whole grain bread choose a wide loaf for best results
- ½ Tbsp goat cheese at room temperature (may substitute 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, if preferred)
- 1 thin-sliced low-sodium roasted turkey breast
- 2 to 3 spinach leaves
- Trim ends off of strawberries; cut into pieces and mash with a fork.
- Trim short ends of bread slice. Spread goat cheese over half of bread slice; layer with mashed strawberries, turkey and spinach leaves.
- Starting with the short side of the bread, carefully roll up bread and press firmly with hands.
- Trim ends of roll and slice into 4 pinwheels.