Check out how dietitian Regan Jones from Healthy Aperture prepares healthful Strawberry Turkey Pinwheels that the whole family will love!
Strawberry and Turkey Pinwheels
Yield: 4 pinwheels
This quick and easy pinwheel recipe pairs the natural sweetness of strawberries with whole grain bread plus protein-rich goat cheese and turkey to keep you feeling fuller longer. It’s an easy to make, easy to pack, and easy to eat lunch for your kids at school.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 fresh California strawberries
- 1 piece of 100% whole wheat or other whole grain bread choose a wide loaf for best results
- ½ Tbsp goat cheese at room temperature (may substitute 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, if preferred)
- 1 thin-sliced low-sodium roasted turkey breast
- 2 to 3 spinach leaves
- Trim ends off of strawberries; cut into pieces and mash with a fork.
- Trim short ends of bread slice. Spread goat cheese over half of bread slice; layer with mashed strawberries, turkey and spinach leaves.
- Starting with the short side of the bread, carefully roll up bread and press firmly with hands.
- Trim ends of roll and slice into 4 pinwheels.
Serving: 4 pinwheels | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 413mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g