Strawberry and Turkey Pinwheels
Servings: 4 pinwheels
This quick and easy pinwheel recipe pairs the natural sweetness of strawberries with whole grain bread plus protein-rich goat cheese and turkey to keep you feeling fuller longer. It’s an easy to make, easy to pack, and easy to eat lunch for your kids at school.Print Recipe
- 2 fresh California strawberries
- 1 piece of 100% whole wheat or other whole grain bread choose a wide loaf for best results
- ½ Tbsp goat cheese at room temperature (may substitute 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, if preferred)
- 1 thin-sliced low-sodium roasted turkey breast
- 2 to 3 spinach leaves
- Trim ends off of strawberries; cut into pieces and mash with a fork.
- Trim short ends of bread slice. Spread goat cheese over half of bread slice; layer with mashed strawberries, turkey and spinach leaves.
- Starting with the short side of the bread, carefully roll up bread and press firmly with hands.
- Trim ends of roll and slice into 4 pinwheels.
Serving: 4 pinwheels | Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 413mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g