This Strawberry Arroz con Leche (rice pudding) is a delicious Mexican dessert. The flavors of rice, cinnamon and strawberries come together for a thick, creamy delicious recipe.
Strawberry Arroz Con Leche
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- ½ cup 100% orange juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 strawberries cut in half for garnish
- 4 mint leaves
To Make the Rice Pudding:
- In a small bowl, stir together milk, whipping cream, condensed milk and vanilla extract; set aside.
- Under running water, rinse the rice until the water stops running cloudy.
- Add rinsed rice to a pot with the two cups of water and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat. When it reaches a boil, reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir the milk mixture into the rice and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Let cool completely.
To Make the Strawberry Sauce:
- In blender, puree 1½ cups of strawberries with the orange juice and sugar; stir in the remaining chopped strawberries.
- In individual cups, spoon a layer of rice pudding followed by a layer of the strawberry sauce; repeat one more time and garnish with strawberry halves and mint leaves.