These Strawberry Chia Jam Oat Bars are a delicious, healthier treat and are 100% vegan! Use gluten-free oats as an easy substitute to create a gluten-free option.
Strawberry Chia Jam Oat Bars
Yield: 9 Bars
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For Chia Jam:
- 4 cups whole strawberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 5 Tbsp chia seeds
For Crust and Topping:
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- ½ cup coconut shredded or flaked
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- First, make the chia jam. Place the strawberries into a small pot with water. Bring to a simmer and cook for 25-30 minutes, stirring frequently until the fruit starts to break down and look syrupy.
- Remove from heat and use a potato masher to mash the strawberries. Stir in maple syrup and chia seeds. Let the jam thicken for at least 10 minutes while you make the crust.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a baking pan.
- For the crust, combine the oats, coconut, and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Over the stove or using a microwave, melt and stir together the almond butter and maple syrup.
- Pour the almond butter mixture over the oats and mix until combined.
- Add approximately 60% of the crust to the greased pan. Using your fingers, press the crust down so that it is evenly spread.
- Spread the chia jam evenly across the layer of crust. Sprinkle the remaining crust on top of the jam.
- Bake the bars for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes, then cut into bars.
Serving: 1 Bar | Calories: 321kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 3g | Sodium: 102mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 17g