These simple Strawberry Chia Jam Thumbprint Cookies are made with a simple strawberry chia jam, and you need just five ingredients for the cookies! These simple gluten-free vegan cookies are perfect for the holidays. Recipe by Rachel Conners of Bakerita.
Strawberry Chia Jam Thumbprint Cookies
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the strawberry chia jam
- 8 oz. fresh strawberries chopped
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cookies
- 1⅓ cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup strawberry chia jam
For the jam
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries and maple syrup. Cover and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring frequently. After 5 minutes, when the mixture is starting to release juices, use a potato masher (or a fork) to lightly mash the strawberries.
- Add the chia seeds and reduce the heat to medium-low. Continue cooking uncovered, stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from scorching, for about 10 minutes or until the mixture has thickened. Remove from heat.
For the cookies
- In a medium bowl, mix almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 15 balls. Make an imprint in the center of each cookie with your thumb and fill each imprint with the strawberry chia jam, about 1 heaping teaspoon per cookie.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until light golden brown around the edges. Remove from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.