Did you know that both strawberries and chia seeds can help to decrease inflammation? Pair them together in this Strawberry Chia Pudding for a delicious treat!
Strawberry Chia Pudding
Serves: 2 servings
- 4 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1½ cups unsweetened plain almond milk (or preferred nut or soy milk)
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup to taste
- 6 strawberries; 4 mashed, 2 sliced for garnish
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Optional toppings: mint
- In small bowl, stir together chia seeds, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Cover with lid and refrigerator overnight.
- Remove lid and stir gently. Spoon half of the pudding into a separate bowl and combine with mashed strawberries.
- Fill serving glasses halfway with strawberry chia pudding and then top with plain pudding. Garnish with sliced strawberries (and mint, if preferred)
Serving size: 301 g Calories: 242 kcal Fat: 12 g Saturated fat: 1 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 31 g Sugar: 15 g Sodium: 233 mg Fiber: 13 g Protein: 8 g Cholesterol: 0 mg