Be sure to take a look through our delicious collection of strawberry recipes and enjoy this tasty fruit in any meal of the day!
Strawberry Cream Napoleon
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Pastry bag
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- 1/2 cup halved fresh strawberries for garnish
- 1 tsp powdered sugar for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unpackage one sheet of puff pastry and use a rolling pin to smooth out creases.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into three 3.5”x7” pieces, and place on the parchment paper.
- Beat one egg in a small bowl.
- Brush the egg over the puff pastry sheets.
- Bake the puff pastry for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow it to cool.
- Add whipping cream to a large bowl. Using a mixer, beat for about 5 minutes until peaks begin to form.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla and continue beating until peaks are firm.
- Fold chopped strawberries into the whipped cream.
- To form the napoleons, place one piece of the puff pastry on a plate.
- Fill a pastry bag with the strawberry whipped cream. Pipe swirls of the cream onto the puff pastry.
- Place another piece of puff pastry on top of the cream and pipe on more cream. Repeat once more with the last piece of puff pastry.
- Top with halved strawberries, and dust with powdered sugar (optional).