Strawberry Crisp is the perfect dessert for a large group for the holidays! Top it off with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- ⅔ cup old fashioned oats
- ⅔ cup flour of choice
- 6 Tbsp cold butter (or coconut oil)
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup walnuts chopped
- 4 ½ cups strawberries hulled and chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Add the dry topping ingredients to a large bowl and mix well.
- Use forks or a pastry cutter to mix in the butter, mixing until clumps form. Place the topping mixture in the refrigerator while making the filling.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped strawberries, cornstarch, maple syrup, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir until they are well combined.
- Place the filling into a 9"x9" baking dish or a skillet.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the strawberries.
- Bake the crisp for about 40-50 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!