Classic Strawberry Scones
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter cold
- 2 cups strawberries hulled and chopped
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Set aside a lined baking sheet.
- Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and granulated sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the butter, mixing it in using two forks or a pastry cutter.
- Add the strawberries, coating them well in the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, egg, and ⅔ cup of milk.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the large bowl with the flour mixture, mixing gently using a spatula until it is completely combined. Do not overmix the dough.
- Using floured hands, shape the dough into an 8-inch circle on the baking sheet and cut into 8 triangular pieces. Make sure to separate the pieces on the baking sheet, so that they have room to expand and won’t stick to one another.
- Bake the scones for 30-40 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the scones are baking, mix the powdered sugar and milk to make the glaze.
- Remove scones from the oven, let cool, and then drizzle with glaze. Optional: serve with strawberry honey butter.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.