This delicious, fluffy pancake made in a cast iron skillet is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dessert! Topped with fresh strawberries, this beautiful dish will impress your family and friends. Recipe by Teresa Barajas.
Strawberry Dutch Baby
Yield: 1 Dutch Baby
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Blender, 10-inch cast iron skillet
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar
- fresh mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place an empty 10-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to heat the skillet.
- Combine eggs, flour, whole milk, sugar, and vanilla in a blender and blend on low until smooth.
- Once the oven is hot, carefully remove the cast iron skillet from the oven and add butter Swirl the butter around until melted and the skillet is completely covered in butter.
- Pour batter into the skillet and swirl again to distribute the batter evenly.
- Return the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes until golden brown and the pancake is puffed.
- Remove the Dutch baby from the oven, and top with whipped cream, strawberries, and maple syrup.
- Dust powdered sugar and garnish with mint for a finishing touch.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 178mg | Sodium: 70mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g