Strawberry Swirl Bundt Cake
Servings: 1 Cake
Calories: 621kcalPrint Recipe
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 1/2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla paste or extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp kosher Salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 10 fresh strawberries
- Spring flowers
For the Strawberry Swirl:
- In a saucepan, whisk together the sugar and corn starch.
- In a food processor or blender, process the strawberries until smooth, about 1 minute. Transfer to saucepan with sugar mixture and stir to combine.
- Heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to thicken, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to a glass bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven at 350°F. Grease a 10 cup Bundt pan or a 10 inch loaf pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar until lighter in color and smooth texture (5min). Beating on medium, start adding 1 egg at a time, followed by the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the sour cream, in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Using a teaspoon, make 8 dollops of the Strawberry Swirl mix and with a butter knife, make swirls around the cake without over-mixing. Repeat the same process one more time.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center (or sides if using a Bundt pan) comes out clean (internal temp should be 190°F or higher). Time will vary depending on your oven. Let cool in the pan for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
For the Icing:
- Start by sifting the powdered sugar into a large bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and a couple of tablespoons of boiling water.
- Work a spoon against the sides of the bowl, getting rid of clumps until reaching a desired consistency. If it’s too thick, add 1 tablespoon of boiling water at a time. If it’s too runny, add 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Spoon (or transfer to a piping bag without a tip) onto cake, going around the top, rotating the cake until it glides down the sides.
- Decorate with fresh strawberries and spring flowers.
Calories: 621kcal | Carbohydrates: 107g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 457mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 79g