Strawberry Banana Bread Muffins
Servings: 12 Muffins
Calories: 165kcalPrint Recipe
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup oil coconut, olive or avocado
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 medium banana mashed
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 2 cups California strawberries diced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed and water and mix well. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix, then set aside.
- Add oil, maple syrup, mashed banana, vanilla, and vinegar to the bowl with the flaxseed mixture and mix well.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients, mixing until well incorporated.
- Fold in the diced strawberries.
- Fill the muffin tin with the batter and bake for 20 minutes, until edges are lightly browned and a toothpick comes out dry.
- Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition calculated using olive oil.
Serving: 1 Muffin | Calories: 165kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 241mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 11g