Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 ½ cups fresh California strawberries chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
Crust and Crumble:
- ⅓ cup softened coconut oil
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place strawberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring every few minutes.
- Once the strawberries start to bubble, mix in the lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Using a potato masher, mash the berries, leaving some in small pieces.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tapioca flour to the strawberries, and simmer for another 5 minutes until thick.
- In a large bowl, combine all the crust ingredients. Mix until well incorporated and a dough forms.
- In a parchment paper-lined 8 x 8 or 9 x 5 baking dish, add ⅔ of the oat mixture, pressing down the dough to create a crust. Reserve the rest for the crumble.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread the strawberry filling on top of the crust.
- Crumble on the rest of the oat mixture on top of the strawberry filling.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until the crumble is golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into bars.