These gluten-free crumble bars are a perfect fiber-rich breakfast or snack! The crumbly oat base and a lightly sweetened strawberry filling will satisfy your sweet tooth. Recipe by Gal Shua-Haim.
Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars
Yield: 9 Bars
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 ½ cups fresh California strawberries chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp tapioca flour
Crust and Crumble:
- ⅓ cup softened coconut oil
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place strawberries in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring every few minutes.
- Once the strawberries start to bubble, mix in the lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Using a potato masher, mash the berries, leaving some in small pieces.
- Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tapioca flour to the strawberries, and simmer for another 5 minutes until thick.
- In a large bowl, combine all the crust ingredients. Mix until well incorporated and a dough forms.
- In a parchment paper-lined 8 x 8 or 9 x 5 baking dish, add ⅔ of the oat mixture, pressing down the dough to create a crust. Reserve the rest for the crumble.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread the strawberry filling on top of the crust.
- Crumble on the rest of the oat mixture on top of the strawberry filling.
- Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, until the crumble is golden.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing into bars.
Serving: 248g | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 36mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin C: 28mg
3 Comments on “Strawberry Oatmeal Crumble Bars”
Sarah HalwaniAugust 12, 2021 at 6:35 pm
So good thank you
KristinaAugust 25, 2021 at 1:01 pm
Can you substitute all purpose flour for oat & tapioca???
CA StrawberriesAugust 27, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Hi Kristina, we have send the question to the dietitian who created the recipe and wil get back to you shortly.