Dipping strawberries in chocolate, or just about anything, is both fun and delicious. This week we had some fun dressing up juicy California strawberries in the colors of Spring and then decorating them to be Strawberry Easter “eggs!” While it may look like it took a long time to make these cute treats, with candy melts, a few Ziploc bags, sprinkles and a microwave, it only took about 30 minutes to create a couple dozen! These treats are great for Easter or anytime – and a wonderful DIY activity project for kids and grownups. There are so many different colors and techniques, so feel free to be as creative as you want!
Strawberry Easter "Eggs"
- 1-2 pounds California strawberries
- 2 or more 12 ounce bags of Wilton Candy Melts
- Rinse strawberries with cool water; pat dry with paper towels.
- Place candy melts in small microwavable bowl. Heat for 1 minute and stir well. Continue to microwave and stir at 30 second intervals until smooth and completely melted.
- Dip dry strawberries into the melts to about halfway and then place on parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Repeat heating/melting procedure with accent color(s). Once melted, spoon into small Ziploc bag or piping bag. If using a Ziploc, just snip off a tiny tip of the bottom corner and then drizzle on the coated strawberry.
- To add sprinkles, make sure the coating is still wet when applying so that the sprinkles stick.
- If needed, refrigerate until firm.