The perfect brunch – a fluffy souffle pancake topped with airy powdered sugar and fresh, sweet strawberries. Don’t be afraid to share your attempt with us on social – we love to see your take on these delicious recipes! Enjoy!
Strawberry Souffle Pancake
- 2½ quarts half-and-half divided
- 36 large egg yolks
- 12 oz butter melted
- 1 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 lb 14 oz all-purpose flour
- 7 lbs 8 oz stemmed and sliced California strawberries
- 11 oz granulated sugar
- 3 quarts egg whites
- 1½ cups clarified butter
- Powdered sugar as needed
- Maple syrup as desired
Heat oven to 400°F.
To make batter
- In mixer bowl, using whisk attachment, mix 1 quart of the half-and-half, egg yolks, butter, Grand Marnier, granulated sugar, cinnamon and salt until blended.
- Gradually add flour, mixing just until combined (batter will be lumpy).
- Stir in remaining 1½ quarts half-and-half. Cover and refrigerate, if made ahead. (Yield: about 18 cups)
For each serving, to order
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup strawberries and 1 tablespoon sugar; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat ½ cup egg whites to soft peaks; set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine ¾ cup batter and ½ of the sugared strawberries (with juices); gently fold in beaten egg whites.
- In a small (7-in.) heatproof nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon clarified butter over medium heat until hot. Add strawberry batter; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until edges are set.
- Transfer skillet to oven; bake 10 to 12 minutes or until pancake is lightly browned and center is set.
- Plate, top side up, and garnish with remaining ½ of the sugared strawberries. Dust with powdered sugar; serve with maple syrup, as desired.