Strawberry Fruit Leather
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Food processor or blender
- 8 cups strawberries chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150°F.
- Line a large-rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine strawberries, lemon juice, ginger, and maple syrup in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture onto the center of the lined baking sheet and use a spatula to spread evenly over the parchment paper.
- Bake for 8 hours, or until leather is completely dry, but still pliable.
- If the edges dry out before the center, trim off the edges and return the rest back to the oven.
- Be sure to check every 20-30 minutes to ensure the leather doesn’t overcook. It should be chewy, not crunchy!
- Remove baking sheet from the oven, then let cool for 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry a pair of kitchen shears. Cut the sheet of fruit leather into 8 strips, leaving the parchment paper on to prevent sticking.
- Roll the strips one at a time, then store in an airtight bag or container.