There’s so many ways to incorporate California Strawberries into any recipe, but here’s one fun and easy idea you can try Strawberry & Goat cheese crostini.
Strawberry & Goat Cheese Crostini
- ½ French baguette thinly sliced on the bias
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ pint strawberries thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. goat cheese at room temperature
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves julienned for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Put bread slices on a baking sheet and brush slices with oil on both sides. Season lightly with salt and pepper, bake until pale golden, about 10-15 minutes. If you are grilling the crostini, heat over medium-high heat and grill each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Put cut strawberries in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of goat cheese onto each crostini. Top with a few basil shreds and then place a spoonful of marinated strawberries on top. Sprinkle salt on top of the crostini & serve.