Strawberry & Goat Cheese Crostini
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Calories: 354kcalPrint Recipe
- ½ French baguette thinly sliced on the bias
- 1-2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ pint California strawberries thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz goat cheese at room temperature
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves julienned for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Put 6 bread slices on a baking sheet and brush slices with oil on both sides. Season lightly with salt and pepper, bake until pale golden, about 10-15 minutes. If you are grilling the crostini, heat over medium-high heat and grill each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Put cut strawberries in a bowl with balsamic vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of goat cheese onto each crostini. Top with a few basil shreds and then place a spoonful of marinated strawberries on top. Sprinkle salt on top of the crostini & serve.
Serving: 2 slices | Calories: 354kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 511mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g