We’ve got you covered with the best breakfast in bed idea. Try these mouthwatering waffles with lavender marinated strawberries.
Waffles with Lavender Marinated Strawberries
- 3 cups of strawberries hulled and sliced
- ½ tsp dried lavender flowers
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
To make lavender sugar:
- Break down the lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor or with a mortar and pestle. Grind the mixture until the lavender is broken down into fine pieces and the sugar is fragrant.
- Mix strawberries into the sugar and let them sit for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- While the strawberries are sitting, make the waffle batter.
To make waffles:
- Melt butter in the microwave or on the stove and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Using a spatula, fold together both mixtures.
- Preheat a waffle iron and lightly coat with cooking spray or butter.
- Scoop about ½ cup batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 ½ to 4 minutes, depending on desired crispiness. (The amount of batter and cook time will vary dependent on the waffle iron).
- While waffles are cooking, make the whipped cream topping.
- Combine the cream and vanilla a medium sized bowl. Wisk until stiff peaks form.
- Top each waffle with whipped cream and marinated strawberries. Serve and enjoy!