We’ve got you covered with the best breakfast in bed idea. Try these mouthwatering waffles with lavender marinated strawberries.
Waffles with Lavender Marinated Strawberries
- ½ tsp dried lavender flowers
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 cups California strawberries hulled and sliced
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 cup plain Greek non-fat yogurt
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup whipping cream
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
To make lavender sugar:
- Break down the lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor or with a mortar and pestle. Grind the mixture until the lavender is broken down into fine pieces and the sugar is fragrant.
- Mix strawberries into the sugar and let them sit for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- While the strawberries are sitting, make the waffle batter.
To make waffles:
- Pre-heat a waffle iron and lightly coat with cooking spray or oil.
- Melt butter in the microwave or on the stove and set aside.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together yogurt, milk, eggs, and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Using a spatula, fold together both mixtures.
- Scoop about ½ cup batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 ½ to 4 minutes, depending on desired crispiness. (The amount of batter and cook time will vary dependent on the waffle iron. Cooking is complete when steam stops coming out of the waffle iron.)
To make whipped cream:
- While waffles are cooking, make the whipped cream topping.
- Combine the cream and vanilla in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Top each waffle with whipped cream and marinated strawberries. Serve and enjoy!