Show some love with these heart-shaped mini pies! Using ready-made crust makes it easy to bake up these cute little hand pies. They’re the perfect strawberry dessert!
Strawberry Heart Hand Pies
Yield: 8 pies
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 2 cups strawberries finely chopped
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 packs refrigerated pie crust dough 15oz
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour for dusting
- 1 tsp water
- 1 Tbsp sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add all filling ingredients to a saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 10-12 minutes while stirring. Once the filling is bubbly and thickened, remove from heat and let cool.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pie dough to 1/8 to ¼ inch thick.
- Using a 4-inch, heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 16 heart shapes.
- Place 8 of the hearts of dough on the baking sheet.
- Dollop a large tablespoon of filling on the center of each of the hearts on the baking sheet.
- On the remaining dough hearts, use a knife to cut a small “X” in the middle to allow for ventilation when baking.
- Top each heart with filling with remaining dough hearts, creating a sandwich. Press down the edges to seal.
- Refrigerate hand pies for 20 minutes.
- While pies are refrigerating, whisk the egg with 1 tsp water to create an egg wash.
- Remove the pies from the refrigerator. Using a fork, crimp the edges around each pie.
- Lightly brush the top of each pie with the egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake the pies for 25-30 minutes until they are puffed up and golden. Let them cool slightly and enjoy!
5 Comments on “Strawberry Heart Hand Pies”
AlmaFebruary 4, 2021 at 9:16 pm
I loved making these! I made them for my daughter’s bday breakfast. We love strawberries & February is the month of love so why not?!
CA StrawberriesFebruary 16, 2021 at 3:46 pm
That sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing!
CA StrawberriesFebruary 8, 2022 at 10:31 am
Wonderful! Thank you!
Sherry WilhiteFebruary 8, 2022 at 10:14 am
This looks just perfect for any occasion. Strawberry pies are my favorite I have made these before just not in heart shape. Maybe I might try the heart shaped ones for the Valentine’s Day.
CA StrawberriesFebruary 8, 2022 at 10:32 am
Great! Let us know if you try! Thanks for sharing.