Quench your thirst with this fresh, strawberry hibiscus agua fresca. Aguas frescas or “fresh waters” are non-alcoholic beverages made of fresh fruits. Strawberries and hibiscus are the perfect combination for this refreshing recipe.
Strawberry Hibiscus Agua Fresca
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup hibiscus flowers
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 1 ½ cups strawberries chopped
- 4 cups ice
- ½ cup mint leaves
- In a medium saucepan, bring water, hibiscus, sugar, cinnamon and 1 cup of strawberries to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; let rest for 5-8 minutes until cool.
- Strain the mixture and discard hibiscus and strawberries.
- Pour into a pitcher with ice, add mint leaves and remaining ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries.
- Pour into 6.5 oz glasses. Garnish with mint and Enjoy.