Strawberry Lemon Bars are the perfect combination of sweet and tangy! They are great for summertime entertaining – and can be enjoyed warm or cold.
Strawberry Lemon Bars
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- ¼ cup coconut oil solid
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¾ cup California strawberries chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice (juice of 2 lemons)
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest (zest of 2 lemons)
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine crust ingredients. Using fork or a pastry cutter, mix until the dough is a consistent, crumbly texture.
- Add crust dough to the baking sheet, pressing it down so that it covers the entire surface.
- Bake the crust for 20-23 minutes or until golden. Let the crust cool completely. While crust is cooling, make the filling.
- Place chopped strawberries and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth to create a purée.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs well. Add sugar, lemon zest, and strawberry purée. Mix well, adding flour and arrowroot starch.
- Pour filling mixture over the crust. Place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the bars are done baking, let cool completely. Cut into bars and enjoy or refrigerate and serve later.