Strawberry Macaroon Napoleons
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- ¾ oz 1½ Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract; or powder and seeds from ½ vanilla bean
- 1½ pints California strawberries hulled and quartered
- Sugar to taste
To make Coconut Macaroons:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease 18 cupcake wells.
- Stir together the coconut and sugar in a medium bowl, using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon. Stir in the melted butter and then the egg, and mix until combined.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the coconut mixture into each of the cupcake wells. Using the back of a spoon dipped in water, press the coconut mixture into the well so it completely fills the bottom. Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let the macaroons cool in the pans. Using a small sharp knife or small offset spatula, loosen them from the wells and remove them.
To make Chantilly Cream:
- Whisk the cream, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl until soft peaks form. The cream should hold its shape but still be satiny in appearance. It should not be grainy.
- Gently toss the strawberries with enough sugar to sweeten
- Place a macaroon on each of 6 dessert plates. Cover each macaroon with some strawberries and some Chantilly Cream. Repeat layering with another macaroon, more strawberries, and cream. Top with the remaining macaroon. Serve immediately.