Strawberry Pistachio Cream Tarts
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- High-speed blender, piping bag
- Flour for dusting
- 1 pkg puff pastry thawed according to package directions
- 2 cups strawberries each sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 cup raw pistachios
- ½ cup white chocolate melted
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp apricot jam
- White chocolate curls for garnish optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Dust work surface lightly with flour and roll puff pastry out to 1/8 inch. Cut out 24-26 pieces using a 2-inch wide cookie cutter (any shape). Arrange pieces on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Place 3-4 strawberry wedges in the center of each piece while leaving a 1/4inch border. Bake on middle rack for 13 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool.
- To make the pistachio cream, pulse pistachios in a high-speed blender and pulse to a fine crumb. Remove 1 tablespoon and set aside for garnish.
- Add melted white chocolate and whipping cream to blender. Blend until thick and creamy, about 15 seconds. Scrape mixture into piping bag fitted with plain round tip and set aside.
- Place apricot jam in a small bowl and microwave for about 30 seconds until runny. Lightly brush the jam along the sides of each pastry piece, dipping one side of pastry into reserved pistachio crumbs. Pipe about 2 tablespoons pistachio cream onto each pastry.
- Top pastries with remaining strawberry wedges and glaze with jam. Top with white chocolate curls, if desired.
Make-Ahead: Pistachio cream can be kept chilled in an airtight container for up to one day.