This recipe is a raspado with homemade strawberry syrup and chamoy sauce. Raspado is shaved ice in a cup with the syrup of your choice, also known as a Mexican snow cone. Recipe by Brown Sugar and Vanilla.
Strawberry Raspado with Homemade Chamoy Sauce
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
For the raspado:
- 6-8 cups of ice
For the strawberry syrup:
- 2 cups strawberries stemmed and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the chamoy sauce:
- ¾ cup dried apricots
- 1 ½ cup boiling water
- 2 Tbsp cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 ½ Tbsp ancho chili powder or more if you like it very spicy
- ½ tsp of sea salt
- Diced strawberries
- Tajin chili powder
- Blend the strawberries and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
- Boil water in a pot and then remove from heat. Soak the dried apricots in the boiling water until the water cools, about 20 minutes.
- Add the apricots and soaking water mixture to the blender with the sugar, vinegar, lime juice, chili powder, and salt.
- Blend until smooth. Mixture should have a thick consistency.
- Shave the ice with a shaved ice machine or set a clean blender to the “crush” setting and shave a couple of ice cubes at a time. Divide into 4 cups.
- Pour the strawberry syrup over the shaved ice and finish with a drizzle of chamoy sauce and some tajin chili powder.