These mouthwatering pepinos locos will be the talk of your next party. Crisp cucumbers are made into cups, dipped in chile powder, then filled with juicy California strawberries, Japanese style peanuts, tamarind candy, and drizzled with chamoy and lime juice. Recipe by Dora’s Table.
Strawberry Pepinos Locos
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 3 cucumbers peeled
- ½ cup mild Mexican chile powder
- ¾ cup chamoy sauce
- ¾ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup Japanese style peanuts
- 3 Pulparindo tamarind candies chopped
- 2 limes
- Cut ends off of cucumbers. Slice the cucumbers into 4 pieces each.
- With a small spoon scoop out the seeds and pulp of one end of the cucumber cups. Be careful not to scoop out too much or your filling will fall through.
- Pour the chamoy into a small bowl and place chile powder in a separate bowl.
- Dip one end of the cucumber cups into the chamoy, then dip into the chile powder. Place the cucumber cup (chile side up) on the plate.
- Fill the cucumber cups with peanuts and chopped strawberries. Sprinkle chopped tamarind candy on top.
- Pour ½ tablespoon of chamoy on top of each cucumber cup and squeeze one lime over everything.
- Serve with wedges of lime on the side.