A simple strawberry and rhubarb crisp topped with a grain-free crumble topping. Full of fresh fruit, this crisp is a a classic summer dessert. Just serve it with yogurt or vanilla ice cream! Recipe by Moriah Sawtelle.
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp (grain + gluten free)
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1.5 lbs strawberries quartered
- 2 cups of rhubarb sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp organic cane sugar
- 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8- or 9-inch baking dish with coconut oil or olive oil.
- In a large bowl, mix strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, vanilla, sugar, and tapioca starch. Pour the strawberry mixture into the prepared dish.
- In a separate bowl stir together cassava flour, coconut flour, sugar, and salt.
- Add the coconut oil and use a fork to cut it into the flour mixture until well-mixed and crumbly. Stir in the almonds.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture evenly over the strawberry filling.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until fruit is bubbly and the top is golden.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then serve and enjoy!