Strawberry Shortcake Donuts
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Donut pan
For the donut batter:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter melted
For topping and filling:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup homemade or store bought whipped cream
- 5-6 large strawberries sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a donut pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, salt and sugar together. Set aside.
- Whisk the milk, yogurt, and egg together until combined. Add the melted butter and vanilla and whisk until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir with a spatula until just combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic zip-top bag and cut a corner off the bottom of the bag. Pipe the batter into the donut molds, filling each one about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through, until the edges turn golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the batter comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven. Let cool for a few minutes in the pan then transfer donuts to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add 1/4 cup of melted butter to a shallow bowl large enough to fit a donut. In a separate bowl of the same size, add the sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Lightly dip each donut in the melted butter, coating all sides. Dip in the cinnamon sugar immediately afterward, tossing until evenly coated.
- Slice each donut in half horizontally. Spoon or pipe whipped cream on the bottom half of each donut. Top with sliced strawberries followed by the top half of the donut.