A sweet California strawberry shortcake recipe made with homemade biscuits and fresh, juicy strawberries. This dessert is layered with whipped cream and strawberries and has a sweet strawberry flavor. It’s perfect for summer! Recipe by Sugar and Charm.
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Mixing Bowls, Electric Mixer, Baking Sheet
- All-purpose flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsalted Butter
- Whole Milk
- California Strawberries
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 12 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Lb strawberries washed and sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the butter to the dry ingredients until the butter is pea size.
- Make a hole in the center of the flour mixture and add milk.
- Fold just until the dough comes away from the sides.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface about 8 times.
- Roll the dough out to 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a 1 1/2” pastry cutter to make round shapes.
- Place each biscuit on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake until slightly brown, 12 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking, slice the strawberries.
- Add them into a bowl with 1/4 cup sugar and fold the ingredients together.
- Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and powdered sugar.
- Beat on high until soft peaks form.
- When the biscuits are baked, cut them in half and layer with strawberries and whipped cream.