Sweet strawberries sub in for tomatoes in this summery caprese salad. With greens, grains, and protein, this strawberry walnut caprese salad is filling enough for a full meal. Swap out the arugula, wild rice, or walnuts for whatever you prefer or have on hand! Recipe by Snixy Kitchen.
Strawberry Walnut Caprese Salad
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- 1½ cups cooked wild rice chilled
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 Tbsp good-quality balsamic vinegar
- ½ small garlic clove pressed or minced
- Pinch each kosher salt and pepper
- 3 oz baby arugula
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves torn or sliced thin
- 4 oz fresh ciliegine mozzarella small balls, halved or quartered
- 8 oz California strawberries hulled and sliced
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts chopped
- Prepare the wild rice according to the package directions in advance, chilling or letting it cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic, garlic, salt, and pepper until smooth and homogenous. Taste and adjust to your liking (see note).
- Layer the wild rice on the bottom of a large salad bowl. Gently toss with arugula and a teaspoon olive oil. Toss in fresh basil and top with mozzarella, sliced strawberries, and toasted walnuts.
- Drizzle with balsamic to taste and finish with another pinch of salt and pepper. Toss before serving.