A Vietnamese Spring Rolls recipe with a California strawberries twist! These spring rolls with strawberries are a refreshing change from the usual fried variety and are a wonderfully healthy appetizer.
Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Strawberries
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
Strawberry Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Vietnamese fish sauce
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ¾ lb cooked de-shelled shrimp
- ¾ tsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 8 spring roll wrappers
- 16 mint leaves
- 16 cilantro sprigs
- ¾ cup strawberries, hulled
- 1 cup peeled, seeded cucumber cut into 2 x 1/4 x 1/8-inch strips
To make Strawberry Dipping Sauce:
- In blender or food processor, purée strawberries, vinegar, oil, sugar, and fish sauce until smooth. Add chili flakes; blend until chili flakes are mixed in but still visible.
To make Spring Rolls:
- In bowl, toss shrimp with vinegar; set aside.
- Dip 1 wrapper into very hot water for a few seconds until soft and flexible; blot on towel to remove excess water. Place 2 mint leaves, 2 cilantro sprigs, 3 pieces strawberry, 3 shrimp and 3 cucumber strips in a line down the center of wrapper. Fold bottom over filling, fold in sides and roll up into tight cylinder. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 8 rolls.
- Serve each roll with 1 tablespoon Strawberry Dipping Sauce.