California Strawberries are cooked down with honey into a delicious strawberry sauce that’s folded into whipped cream and served over ice cold milk. A refreshing summertime snack by Paleo Paparazzi.
Whipped Strawberry Milk (Dalgona Style)
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to CollectionGo to Collections
- Hand or stand mixer
- 2 ⁄3 cup California strawberries chopped
- 1 ⁄4 cup water
- 2 tsp honey
- 5 Tbsp of heavy cream or vegan whipped topping
- 2 tsp freeze-dried strawberries crushed into a powder
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- In a small saucepan add chopped California strawberries, water, and honey.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Continually mash strawberries as they cook to help break them down into a thick mixture.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 8 minutes.
- Remove strawberry sauce from heat, add to a freezer safe bowl and let cool down in the freezer for 10-15 mins.
- If using heavy cream, add to a bowl and whip until stiff peaks form. If using vegan whipped topping, add to a bowl and whip until smooth.
- Fold cooled strawberry sauce into whipped cream/topping until pink and no white streaks remain. Add freeze-dried strawberry powder and fold into mixture.
- Add milk of choice to a glass with additional sliced strawberries (optional).
- Gently spoon strawberry whip on top and enjoy!
Nutrition based on using traditional heavy whipping cream and 2% dairy milk. To reduce the saturated and trans fat, a non-dairy, non-coconut whipped topping can replace the heavy whipping cream.
Serving: 1  cup | Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 111mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin C: 106mg