These mini avocado toasts with fresh strawberry salsa are a fantastic appetizer for entertaining that everyone will love! They only take about 15 minutes to make.
Bite Size Avocado Toast with Strawberry Salsa
- 1½ cups diced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon finely diced shallots
- ½ teaspoon lemon or lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Black pepper
- 6 pieces whole grain sourdough or gluten-free bread slices, crust removed
- Olive oil
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- microgreens edible flowers or fresh herbs
- Maldon salt
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a generous pinch of salt and a grind of fresh pepper.
- Let the salsa marinate while making the toast.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Cut each bread slice into 4 bite size squares. Brush with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden at the edges and crispy.
- Place the avocado, lemon or lime juice and a generous pinch of salt in a bowl and mash with a fork until the mixture is well blended and creamy.
- Top the toast bites with the avocado mixture.
- Spoon the salsa on top of each toast and garnish with microgreens, flowers or herbs. Sprinkle with Maldon salt.