Our latest recipe for Healthy Strawberry Breakfast Cookies was created by busy mom and dietitian Mitzi Dulan, the author of The Pinterest Diet. She raved about how much her daughters love these cookies. That’s a good sign! These cookies are easy to make and can easily be frozen for the convenience of just grabbing a couple at a time for early mornings or after school snacks. Enjoy!
Healthy Strawberry Breakfast Cookies
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup dates
- 2 bananas ripened
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2¼ cups California strawberries finely chopped
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 scoop natural vanilla whey protein powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Remove pits from dates and place dates and bananas in blender; blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and combine with coconut oil. Gently stir in the strawberries.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, chia seeds, coconut, cinnamon and protein powder. Add the bowl of dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir well.
- Roll the cookie batter into 2” balls and pat down gently. Bake 15-18 minutes.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then finish cooling on a cooling rack.