Homemade strawberry pop tarts are a delicious breakfast or sweet afternoon snack!
Homemade Strawberry Pop Tarts
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 Poptarts
- 2 whole pre-made pie crust
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Flour your work surface and roll out one of the pie crusts. Cut the edges off the sides to create a square and divide into 4 equal rectangles. Repeat with the second pie crust.
- Mix the jam, chopped strawberries, and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the jam and strawberry mixture onto one end of each strip of pie crust.
- Fold the other end of the pie crust in half so that it is covering the jam. Use a fork to crimp all of the edges to close the pop tart.
- Place the pop tarts on the baking sheet and bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the pop tarts are in the oven, prepare the frosting.
- Mix the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and the jam in a bowl to create the frosting.
- Once the pop tarts are done baking, let them cool completely. After they have cooled, add the frosting to the top of each pop tart and add sprinkles.
- Let the icing dry and enjoy!