Skip driving through Starbucks by making this perfect afternoon pick-me-up at home with fresh strawberries, ginger, and lemon flavor. Add even more ginger if you really like a zing! Recipe by Jenna Braddock, MSH, RD, CSSD of JennaBraddock.com
Sparkling Strawberry Ginger Refresher
You can add this recipe to a collection to create a shopping list!Print Recipe Add to Collection
- 8 fresh strawberries hulled
- ½ ” piece of fresh ginger grated or zested
- ½ cup ice cubes
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can lemon flavored or flavor of your choice sparkling water
- In a blender, add strawberries, ginger, ice cubes and water. Blend to combine into a smooth slushy, about 1 minute.
- Pour strawberry slushy evenly into two glasses. Top each glass with half of the lemon sparkling water, and if you like, an extra squeeze of lemon. Enjoy!